Enjoy spectacular scenery along the Gunnison River on this family-friendly rafting adventure.
Gunnison River Full Day
- 5+ Hours on the Mighty Gunny!
- Class II rapids
- Easy Water, Scenic, Relaxing
- Beginner Skill Level
- Children should be about at least 3 years old for a float trip
- Offered 7 days a week
- Meet at 9:00 am
- Adult (Full Day)
- Child 12 and under (Full Day)
Rafting with Kids in Colorado Made Easy
The Gunnison River headwaters start in the highest reaches of the county with the same name, cascading down from the mountains and finding its’ way to the Blue Mesa Reservoir – the largest body of water in the State of Colorado! The Upper Gunnison flows through green pastures and groves of cottonwood trees, at one point cruising by ancient volcanic rock formations soaring straight out of the river high into the sky! Wildlife is abundant, as the river is part of a large ecosystem that sustains many species of birds, fish, small mammals and large. A blue heron rookery populates a turn on the lower stretch of the river.
This is a great family trip for all ages and a wonderful first time rafting experience! Easy waves, we move along quickly enough to have a constant change of scenery.
After lunch, we enjoy a little action as we navigate the waves in the Gunnison Whitewater Park and pass by the beach atmosphere of the park.
- Please pack your own lunch and beverages (alcohol is not permitted). Our staff will store it in coolers for transport to our Scenic Picnic area along the river.
- This trip starts at 9:00 at our Gunnison Office.
You can make any changes to your reservation up to 48 hours prior to your trip time. Within 48 hours of your trip time, your reservation is non-refundable.